Cook Memorial Public Library District is seeking a friendly, tech-savvy and customer-focused intern to assist patrons of all ages with information and reader's advisory needs. This is an ideal opportunity for an MLIS student seeking public library experience.
- Answers reference questions utilizing online catalog, print resources, Internet, and subscription databases.
- Assists patrons with library digital collections including OverDrive, 3M Cloud Library, Zinio, and Hoopla.
- Operates and performs basic troubleshooting of library computers and equipment.
- Current enrollment in a graduate school of library and information studies accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
- College degree.
- Strong technology aptitude. Proficiency with digital formats and devices, including tablets, e-readers, and laptops.
- Knowledge of and commitment to high quality reference practices, and a demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts at Aspen Drive Library in Vernon Hills and Cook Park Library in Libertyville.
Open until filled. Apply at: www.cooklib.org/jobs