Early Literacy Advocates in Libraries
How does your library support the language and literacy development of children ages Birth-5?
Are you an early literacy coordinator, specialist or trainer at your library? Are you in charge of your library's preschool and childcare outreach services?
Join the inaugural meeting of a new networking group, Early Literacy Advocates in Libraries.
This group will tackle topics tied to the question: How does your library support the language and literacy development of children ages Birth-5?
Some topics might be:
• Current developments in brain research related to early literacy
• Library services that support early literacy initiatives
• Use of social media to support early literacy services
• Collections and materials that support early literacy initiatives
• Facilities and/or learning spaces that support early literacy development
• Resources (for us and our patrons) that support early literacy initiatives
• Outreach – identifying and supporting at risk children, visiting preschools and childcare facilities, and nurturing partnerships with community organizations.
During this first meeting, we will create a statement of purpose, brainstorm topics, discuss communication methods, discuss the group's name, and future meeting dates.
Sharing brings people together, and we are each other's best resource.
Event Coordinator: Terri Norstrom
URL for registration