At its July 24, 2015 meeting, the RAILS Board seated new board members:
- Lisa Knasiak, Brookfield Public Library
- Paul Mills, Fountaindale Public Library District, Bolingbrook
- Sid Ruckriegel, Peoria Public Library
- Lori Wilcox, Chicago Heights Public Library
Kate Hall, Director of the Northbrook Public Library, was also sworn in for a second term.
The Board elected the following officers for FY2016 (July 2015 - June 2016):
- President: Mary Jo Matousek, Aptakisic-Tripp School District #102
- Vice President: Dave Barry, Bartlett Public Library District
- Secretary: Kerry Pearson, Arlington Heights Memorial Library
- Treasurer: Kathy Parker, Tinley Park Public Library
The FY2016 board meeting schedule was approved. (Some meeting locations may change).
The Catherine Cook School, Chicago, was approved for full RAILS membership (pending final approval from the Illinois State Library).
The Board discussed filling a board vacancy due to the resignation of Susan Philhower (from the RAILS Board and Geneseo Public Library District's Board). RAILS will call for volunteers to express interest in filling the remaining term for this public library trustee seat and the Executive Committee will select a new board member. Geographical representation of the current board and other criteria will be considered, according to the procedures for filling vacancies between elections.