Continuing services through RAILS
On July 1, the merger we have all worked so hard on over the past year becomes a reality with the official beginning of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS). Though we have a new name and a new website, the system services you have come to rely on remain the same.
- Van delivery will continue for all RAILS members with the same schedules, the same routes, the same drivers, the same sorters and even the same trucks with the same logos and the same license plates.
- Services will continue as usual for all of the local library system automation programs associated with RAILS (MAGIC, PrairieCat, RSA, SWAN).
- Talking Book Service (TBS) operations remain the same.
- Pre-merger system websites are still online.
- Member-to-member communication tools (DLS Google Groups, PALS email lists, etc.) are still available.
In the future, as we introduce changes, we will keep you informed so you can keep in touch. Please stand by for more, and be sure to bookmark this website or sign up for our RSS feed or email notifications for updates.
Thank you for all of your help and support over the past year and welcome to RAILS!