JOLIET — The Joliet Public Library will waive overdue fines on Library materials for furloughed federal employees and those working without pay throughout the ongoing federal government shutdown. Affected patrons should visit either Library location or call 815-740-2660 and provide a valid federal employee ID and a Joliet Public Library card.
The Library also offers:
- Free use of meeting rooms and work/study space
- Public Computers and Wi-Fi
- Free daily events for children, tween, teens and adults
- Online databases and training
- Collection of traditional books, magazines, eBooks, audiobooks, music streaming, movies and TV shows
The Joliet Public Library is committed to being a resource for patrons of the surrounding community to read, explore, ask and discover. For more information, visit jolietlibrary.org or call 815-740-2660. Library hours are Monday- Thursday from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm, Friday –Saturday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm and Sunday from 1:00-5:00 pm.