Are you an early literacy coordinator, specialist or trainer at your library? Are you in charge of your library's preschool and childcare outreach services?
Join the inaugural meeting of a new networking group, Early Literacy Advocates in Libraries.
This group will tackle topics tied to the question: How does your library support the language and literacy development of children ages Birth-5?
Topics may include:
- Current developments in brain research related to early literacy
- Library services that support early literacy initiatives
- Use of social media to support early literacy services
- Collections and materials that support early literacy initiatives
- Facilities and/or learning spaces that support early literacy development
- Resources (for us and our patrons) that support early literacy initiatives
- Outreach – identifying and supporting at risk children, visiting preschools and childcare facilities, and nurturing partnerships with community organizations.
During this first meeting, we will create a statement of purpose, brainstorm topics, discuss communication methods, discuss the group's name, and future meeting dates.
Please join us at Cook Memorial Public Library District on January 18, 2018, 2:00-4:30 pm
413 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville, IL 60048
Click on this link to register: http://tinyurl.com/railsearlylit