RAILS Member Meetups are in-person networking events that are held around the RAILS service area. These events are a chance for members to swap ideas and discuss the issues facing their libraries. Any library staff from any Illinois library is encouraged to attend and participate.
Host a meetup
Interested in hosting a meetup? There are a few things to know:
To prepare for a RAILS member meetup, RAILS staff will:
- Create an L2 event
- Coordinate promotion of the event to libraries in the local region
- Create an agenda and discussion topics
- Coordinate catering (paid for by RAILS)
- Do a short presentation on RAILS news and opportunities (as needed/requested)
Host libraries will be expected to:
- Book a meeting room
- Handle AV setup (as needed/requested)
- Attend and participate in the live event
- Provide a short tour
RAILS tries to hold Member Meetups in as many regions as possible. If you would like to host a member meetup at your library, please contact RAILS Member Engagement Manager Dan Bostrom , 630.734.5152.