Public Services Librarian
Clinton Public Library of Clinton, Iowa (Pop. 24,469) seeks an enthusiastic, creative, and community-minded individual to deliver exceptional service for our patrons as the Public Services Librarian. The job is full-time, exempt position under the FLSA. This position coordinates and performs all aspects of adult library services and programs. This is a professional position within a State of Iowa-accredited library and member library of the RiverShare Libraries consortium.
Primary Duties Highlights
The primary duties of the Public Services Librarian include the following:
- Reports to the Library Director, and in the absence of the Library Director, assumes the responsibility of the Director as needed
- Works collegially with leadership team members and fellow staff members
- Conducts annual reviews, and supervises staff for circulation services, adult programming, and homebound services
- Provides exemplary customer service to patrons at the service desk and other areas of the library
- Engages in outreach to the community and other organizations that service the City of Clinton and rural county citizens, including driving the Library outreach van
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate degree in library or information science (MLS or MLIS) from an American Library Association(ALA) accredited program,required
- 2-3 years of experience working in a public library,required
- Supervisory experience, preferred
- After appointment, individual will be required to reside within a 20-mile radius of City Hall including the State of Illinois.
Persons interested in applying for the Public Services Librarian position should send an application, cover letter, and resume to:
Susan Mesecher, Director Clinton Public Library
306 8th Avenue South Clinton, Iowa 52732
Electronic submissions via email are preferred. Submissions are due by 5 p.m., December 23rd, 2022
Interview will be conducted in person or via Zoom the week of January 16th, 2023.