Youth Services Clerk – Bridgeview Public Library
Part Time $13.35 per hour - 19 hours per week
Must be flexible and available days, evenings and Saturdays.
Candidates should have professional working experience with children of all ages. Some college coursework in early childhood or elementary education preferred. Library experience, Retail experience, volunteer experience with children, or the ability to speak a second language such as Arabic, Polish or Spanish are all a plus.
· develop and implement children's programs and activities
· reader's advisory
· assisting with public computers
· assisting with public catalog
· assisting with online databases
· High school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework in early childhood or elementary education preferred.
· Library experience a plus.
· Experience in a customer service environment.
· Ability to communicate well in both oral and written English.
· Spanish, Polish, and Arabic speaking a plus.
· Working knowledge of personal computers and related software.
· Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
· Requires full range of body motion including standing, sitting, bending, and stooping.
· Ability to lift and move books.
· Ability to push and pull book carts.