Under the immediate supervision of the Loop Library Coordinator, the Access Services Supervisor provides circulation services to students, faculty, staff, and other Library users at the University Library's Loop location on the 10th Floor of DePaul Center, 1 E Jackson Blvd. Two positions are currently being filled:
1. Evening Access Services Supervisor provides circulation services Monday-Thursday, 5pm-9pm.
2. Weekend Access Services Supervisor provides circulation services Saturday and Sunday 12noon – 6pm with the possibility of one or two additional weekday shifts scheduled depending on availability.
In your cover letter, please indicate which position interests you more.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides circulation services to students, faculty, and other library users including providing general directional assistance; borrowing, renewal, and return of library materials and loanable technology; processing local, consortial, and interlibrary loan requests; assistance with course reserves, textbook, and other circulation desk held collections; assistance with use of reproduction equipment (e.g., photocopiers, printers, and scanners); stack maintenance; and assistance with room reservations within the Library.
- Supervises library access and student staff on duty per an assigned schedule. This requires being knowledgeable of access services policies and procedures and communicating this information to library patrons as necessary.
- Assists the Loop Library Coordinator in the onboarding, training, and supervision of new student staff.
- Performs library opening and/or closing procedures.
- Responsible for reporting out any operations, facility, or staff issues to the Loop Library Coordinator at the end of each shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous library experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with a Library Management System (LMS).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Directly supervises one student assistant at a time while scheduled at the Access Services Desk.
- Must be able to spend extended periods standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, and bending. Routinely lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
- Visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, and motor skills sufficient to use a computer, copy machine, and other office equipment are required.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- One year of general office skills preferred, e.g., answering phones, filing, scanning, customer service/support.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate with faculty, students, and a wide range of other library patrons.
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- There are currently four part-time supervisor positions which collectively cover weekday morning, weekday afternoon, weekday evening, and weekend shifts through the academic year.
- Supervisors are typically scheduled to work 16-20 hours per week
- Reduced hours may occur during summer and intersessions.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Please submit cover letter and resume HERE.