The Village of Forsyth (pop. 3,734) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of part-time Library Assistant I. The Library Assistant I is responsible for assisting patrons, shelving materials, material processing, and clerical tasks, with a concentration in computers/technology and serving the public. This is an entry level position, averaging 20 hours per week, and the hourly rate of pay is commensurate based on experience.
The schedule for this position is as follows:
Saturday: 8:30-3:00 (this position will work 2 Saturdays per month)
The ideal candidate will have skills in the following areas:
- Interpersonal relations
- Service to patrons
- Oral communication
- Ability to use computers and learn a computerized circulation system
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
On a day-to-day basis, the successful candidate can expect to:
- Assist patrons at the circulation desk and within the library
- Shelve library materials
- Assist with book processing
- Assist in the on-going maintenance of library materials
- Complete projects and tasks, as assigned
Apply by submitting a resume and three professional references online through Indeed.com, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly to Steven Ward, Forsyth Public Library, 268 S. Elwood, Forsyth, IL 62535.
We will be accepting applications for this opening until the end of day, August 21, 2022.