Forest Park Public Library is accepting applications to fill the Adult Services Desk Assistant position. This individual is part of a dynamic, collaborative team that helps patrons explore the collections and provides research, readers' advisory and computer assistance at our lively Information Services Desk. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a range of devices and platforms and be able to explain basic computer skills. This staff member will also create eye-catching displays and themed book lists.
The successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree or LTA, or have related experience
- Have a minimum of one year customer service experience
- Have a familiarity with current technology, commonly used software platforms and programs, social networks, and be adaptable to emerging technologies and devices
- Be enthusiastic about serving all types of people from all walks of life
- Be highly reliable
- Be patient
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have demonstrated enthusiasm for public service and the library profession
Our Core Values:
The Forest Park Public Library is committed to providing the highest level of service possible to all patrons.
- We are collaborative, creative, and curious.
- We strive to provide a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere where patrons and staff can make real connections.
- We provide our community with access to education that leads to inspiration, discovery, and empowerment.
- We respect our community, our colleagues, and our library.
Forest Park is a diverse community located between Oak Park and Berwyn just west of Chicago. We are situated within walking distance of the CTA Blue Line and serve patrons from many neighboring communities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Skye Lavin, Manager of Adult Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.