- Employee will assist students and staff in all areas of library operations.
- Employee will, on an ongoing basis throughout the school day, greet and monitor students entering and leaving the library (i.e., checking passes, reminding students to sign in and out, asking students the purpose of their visit, sign passes as students leave the library and giving direction when needed).
- Employee will supervise student helpers, coordinate student helper delivery assignments, and report student attendance to the Library Media Specialist.
- Employee will process all incoming library materials, create all labels for materials, cover books as appropriate, and property stamp all materials.
- Employee will maintain and update records in Accessit (Mackin) cataloging software program and in the OCLC online database. This includes performing procedures necessary when library materials are added to and withdrawn from the collection.
- Employee will be responsible for checking out and checking in library materials using the computerized circulation system (Accessit).
- Employee will assist with inter-library loan borrowing, lending, returning and maintaining monthly records for reporting purposes. This requires knowledge of three different multi-user library catalog software programs (RSA, ILLINET, OCLC WorldShare) in addition to our own Accessit/Mackin product.
- Employee will be responsible for checking out classroom novels to Language Arts classroom students, upon request.
- Employee will be responsible for shelving and shelf reading all library materials.
- Employee will repair books and other library materials, as needed.
- Employee will assist with setting up and changing book displays/bulletin board throughout the school year.
- Employee will assist with inventory procedures for library area and collection.
- Employee will assist with set up and operation of audio-visual equipment and also assist students and faculty in the operation of audio-visual equipment and materials in the library.
- Employee will be responsible for operating laminating equipment for faculty and staff.
- Employee will be responsible for routine maintenance of copy machines, including refilling paper bins, in the Teacher Resource Room and also for contacting copier company to request service calls and when supplies need to be ordered.
- Employee will train teachers, substitute teachers, student teachers and special education assistants how to operate Teacher Resource Room copy machines.
- Employee will be responsible for library supervision when Library Media Specialist is out of the building.
- Employee will perform other duties as assigned by the Library Media Specialist or Administration.
Library Experience preferred but not required. Candidate must be able to demonstrates general clerical skills and operation of audio-visual equipment, as well as technological competency in Google Suites, Microsoft Office Suite, and web browsing engines. Candidate must possess ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision.
190 day work schedule. 7:15am - 3:15pm. $23,000-24,000 salary with full-time medical and life insurance benefits. Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension position. Dental and vision benefits available. Full benefit package information available in Educational Support Personnel contact found online at www.limestone310.org.
August 8, 2022
Send or email letter of interest, District #310 non-certified staff application, resume, any transcripts, and at least two letters of recommendation to Dr. Denise Ryder, Assistant Superintendent, Limestone Community High School, firstname.lastname@example.org or 4201 S. Airport Road, Bartonville, IL 61607. Non-certified staff application is also available on the Employment Opportunities page of Limestone Community High School website.