FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full Time: 40 hours / week including day / evening / weekend hours
Requirements For All Employees
- Ability to work pleasantly and effectively with staff, patrons, supervisor and others.
- Ability to work accurately in a changing and varied environment, and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to use various technologies to complete work.
- Ability to follow library policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and productively.
- Ability to understand, practice and demonstrate the library's Standards of Excellence for Public Service.
Under the supervision of the Library Director, this employee is responsible for planning and presenting programs and supporting staff in program and service planning.
Specific responsibilities will be assigned by the Library Director on the basis of experience, skills, specific needs of the department and number of hours worked.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs for children and teens.
- Ability to work independently and productively as well as with staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of STEM education and ability to use technology to plan and implement programs and services.
- Assist in gathering various statistics.
Desired Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree. MLIS a plus.
- Experience working with children and knowledge of infant, child and
- Familiarity with Office apps such as Microsoft Office or Google Apps for Work, internet, and maker technology.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish)
- Works closely with Youth Services Staff to assist with programs for children and teens.
- Develops and conducts educational and entertaining programs, including STEM workshops, programs based on children and teen literature and trends, juvenile film showings, reading programs, and other library programs provided by the Youth Services Department.
- Maintains materials used in Youth Services programs and services.
- Assists Youth Services staff coordinating volunteers and volunteer tasks.
- Assists in compiling informational/promotional material describing Youth Services programs for distribution in the library and for newsletter
- Participates in relevant training, continuing education and/or professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting.
- Lifting 20 lbs., bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling cart up to 50 lbs., reaching, and fine manipulation skills.