Are you an organizer with attention to detail who loves books? Do you like to move around at work bending and stretching? If the answer is yes, we have the perfect position for you. The Addison Public Library's Material Management department is looking for a part-time Shelving Clerk to assist in the accessibility and maintenance of the collection by shelving library materials.
What we're looking for:
- Attention to detail to put books thoroughly and accurately in alphabetical and numerical order without errors.
- Knowledge of the Dewey decimal classification system.
- Excellent customer service skills to communicate clearly and effectively with the public and staff.
- Physical mobility to reach, bend, and lift to shelve, retrieve library materials, and push carts.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) speakers are strongly encouraged to apply!
What we offer:
- A supportive work environment that focuses on serving the Addison community
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous accrued paid time off, including vacation and sick leave.
- Tuition reimbursement after 12 months of service
- EAP program with wellness opportunities
- Two years of high school and at least 16 years of age.
Our community is diverse, and your coworkers are, too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is essential.
Dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy, the Addison Public Library provides opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and user privacy and confidentiality protection.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources (HR@addisonlibrary.org). Please include Shelving Clerk in the subject line.
We value our employees and are serious about supporting their health and professional development. We strongly encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.