We're looking for a Circulation Manager to join the leadership team at the Eola Road Branch of the Aurora Public Library District. Does the prospect of leading staff in a diverse and bustling library excite you? Are you energized by noisy story times, big cultural celebrations, and busy service desks? Do you get a kick out of serving engaged and enthusiastic customers? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
In this key leadership role reporting to the Eola Road Branch Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day staffing and service in the circulation department. Your priorities during the first year will include working with the Branch Manager on supporting staff performance, developing customer service strategies, and training. You'll also work closely with the circulation managers at our other locations to implement library-wide customer service standards and solutions.
- Assist the Branch Manager with the development and execution of Branch goals and priorities
- Supervise and schedule the work of circulation clerk staff and Assistant Circulation Manager
- Coach, support and develop team members
- Collaborate with Senior Circulation Manager and Circulation Managers at all locations to achieve cohesiveness and consistency in standards, processes, and training
- Develop relationships with employees and community members
- Engage in library promotion and outreach opportunities
- Participate on cross functional teams to enhance and improve library processes and services
You will need to be:
- A champion of providing excellent customer service
- A hands-on manager who enjoys working with an outstanding group of diverse people and projects
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible, positive, and willing to work with customers and staff to resolve problems so everyone wins
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to build relationships at all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience
- 1 year of supervisory or management responsibility with direct reports
- 2 or more years of experience in customer service
- Flexible work schedule, requiring one Saturday and one Sunday shift per month, and one evening
- Spanish or Hindi language skills are a plus
- Competitive annual salary starting at $49,000
- Medical, dental & life insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, personal and sick days
- IMRF pension plan
- Professional development
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf