Library/Learning Resource Center
Under the direction of the Dean, Learning Resource Center, the Technical Services Assistant performs various routine tasks in the technical services area including the processing and cataloging of library materials.
Associates degree with a minimum of 3 years library experience. Or High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; with 5 years of library experience. Library Technical Assistant (LTA) certificate preferred.
Knowledge of the principles and procedures of professional library work including methods, practices, and techniques of copy cataloging.
- Knowledge of online cataloging and bibliographic system databases.
- Knowledge of AACR2, RDA, MARC, and Library of Congress Classification.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, OCLC, and Sierra ILS.
- Ability to use photocopying and scanning equipment.
- Ability to be flexible, use time effectively and perform duties in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced bibliographic searching skills.
- Willingness to help others accomplish their objectives.
20 hours per week, between the hours of 8:30 am -5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Exact hours TBD. Will work on-campus for all 20 hours.
Minimum Starting Rate
Review of Applications Begins