The Carol Stream Public Library is currently seeking a customer-focused individual to join our talented team as a Circulation Coordinator. This position manages a variety of tasks and technologies. Our Circulation department is friendly, diverse, and inclusive. The Library provides opportunities for learning while also valuing employee's thoughts on how to better serve our residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome and interact with patrons to identify needs and provide information.
• Direct Circulation Staff in the workflow of the department.
• Asses the condition of materials for review and route accordingly.
• Manage patron accounts, including generating billing notices.
• Analyze reports and perform tasks that maintain the patron and collection database.
• Perform Library materials check-in, check-out, renewals, placing and processing of holds.
• Open and close Department, including balancing a cash drawer.
Hourly Rate: $17.50 dependent upon qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two years public library circulation department experience.
• Two years customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficient with computer, Microsoft O365, Internet and Browser literacy.
Works collaboratively as a member of a team and independently with minimal direction.
Attention to detail and organization.
Uses communication and customer service skills successfully.
Applies problem-solving to a variety of situations.
Aptitude to direct others in their work.
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flex spending, Vision
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Days and Holidays
- Retirement Plans (IMRF, Mission Square) Employee Assistance Program