The Berwyn Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual with a strong commitment to customer service to work at the Audio Visual desk. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with the public, demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills, and work well in a team environment. Duties include:
- Assisting patrons in locating Audio Visual materials including DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks
- Assisting patrons in the use of the library computers
- Performs basic material processing for Audio Visual Materials
- Providing basic troubleshooting and equipment maintenance such as replacing paper and toner in printers
Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to the completion of four
years of high school. A high school diploma is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Requires elementary knowledge of library functions and procedures.
- Computer experience desired.
- Ability to read computer screens, type accurately and move about staff and public areas.
- Ability to push, pull and move loaded book carts
- Ability to lift minimum of 20 pounds
- The City of Berwyn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, place of residence, or disability.