Do you have experience selecting materials for adult readers? Collection Services is looking for a tech savvy, friendly, flexible, and innovative librarian with strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
Under the general direction of the Director of Collection Services, this position will be responsible for:
- Selecting and ordering materials in a variety of formats including printed materials, eBooks, eAudiobooks, and A/V collections.
- Analyzing and evaluating collection statistics
- Writing, editing, monitoring, and working collaboratively with staff and vendor partners on current and new collection development profiles
- Maintaining leasing contract and quotas including tracking and determining leasing returns and rotations
- Knowledge of popular adult materials across various groups and formats, along with publishing trends and issues, and conversant with best practices and trends in library collection processes.
- Masters' Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability for sound judgment and independent thinking
- Intermediate to advanced level digital literacy skills
- Use of Innovative Interfaces Sierra ILS preferred
- Demonstrated experience selecting adult literature preferred
- Spanish language skills desirable