In the last year, our customers checked out an item from our diverse collection over 1.9 million times. In order to delight our customers, the Material Handling staff work tirelessly to ensure that the nearly 300,000 physical items in our collection are readily available and convenient for customers to take home.
This position supervises all Material Handling aspects of Circulation Services and co-leads the large, dedicated team that serves every hour the library is open, so customers can enjoy browsing for books, movies, music and more, and to readily find specific items for their research or entertainment.
- Hire, train, coordinate and manage performance of 40+ staff and volunteers. Including supervision of complex shift schedules, accurate check-in, shelving and reserves process.
- Coordinate with staff library-wide to plan, create and implement new procedures for the addition/accessibility of collections.
- Collaborative member of the Circulation department supervisor team to resolve staff and customer issues.
- Collaborate and problem solve with libraries within our LINKin consortium to support and ensure access to a wide variety of items.
Requirements & Skills
- Three to five years of work experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in a library or customer-driven environment required.
- Strong leadership, organizational and planning skills. Preferred candidates will have at least three years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication abilities in order to excel in Our Culture.
- Ability to use judgment to adjust procedures for fair and reasonable outcomes.
Education: High School Diploma
Benefits: Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, 2 weeks vacation plus personal leave, 12 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plan.
Arlington Heights Memorial library adheres to CDC guidelines to provide a safe environment for staff and customers including face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitizer stations and regular cleaning/disinfection.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us