The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an international consortium of university, college, and independent research libraries collectively building, stewarding, and sharing a wealth of resource materials from all world regions to support inspired research and teaching. CRL's deep and diverse collections are shaped by specialists at major U.S. and Canadian research universities, who work together to identify and preserve collections and content, to ensure its long-term integrity and accessibility to researchers worldwide. Working part-time as an Access Initiatives Library Assistant offers the opportunity to support CRL's mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist Access Initiatives staff in activities related to Interlibrary loan and document delivery.
- Proficiency with use of computers (knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assimilate instructions and execute work within established processes, according to instructions.
- Attention to detail and capacity to consistently perform detailed and/or repetitive work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to collect and assemble information in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Must be able to maintain a regular work schedule of between 8 and 18 hours per week within CRL's hours of operation.
- Prior library experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Capacity to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and push a cart containing library materials.
A variety of schedules are available within our operating hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CRL is open year-around, so work is available through the summer and school break periods. CRL is conveniently located in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood, adjacent to the University of Chicago's main campus.
The current pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com(link sends e-mail). Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line, then indicate days and hours you are available for work in the email body.
CRL is committed to actively promoting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as key components for serving our members and advancing our global mission. As such, CRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, hiring and employment and is dedicated to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CRL are based on organization needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CRL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.