Part-Time Reference Librarian, DePaul University
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported.
The Part-Time Reference Librarian is responsible for providing research help to library users during the weekday, weekend, or evening hours as scheduled.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides research assistance and one-to-one instruction to library users online and in person.
- Works cooperatively with other library and university departments to provide materials and services for faculty, students, staff, and other affiliated users (e.g. Access Services, Writing Center Outpost, etc.).
- Works on specific assigned projects, such as the creation and maintenance of online research guides, and/or other instructional support.
- Depending on the schedule, may be responsible for opening and/or closing the Reference Department or Library site, and/or supervising student assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- ALA-accredited MLS degree Reference experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Familiarity with academic library resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- This position is responsible for providing research help to library users 12-16 hours per week at the John T. Richardson Library in Lincoln Park. Shifts include late afternoon/evening and occasional weekend hours. This position includes the opportunity to participate in the delivery of information literacy instruction.
Click HERE to apply.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a medical or religious exemption, please email email@example.com.