Under the supervision of the Youth Services Manager, the assistant is responsible for a variety of tasks that focus on daily operations within the Youth Services Department, including the planning, preparation and facilitation of youth programming, providing patrons with both reader's advisory and assistance in utilizing library services and participation in inter-department collaboration for library events and community outreach.
- Provides prompt, courteous and accurate assistance to all patrons with basic information regarding use of library materials, equipment, and services.
- Assists patrons in answering reference questions and offers reader's advisory.
- Plans, implements and evaluates library programs which fulfill the educational and recreational needs of local youth, including community functions and school visits for outreach.
- Develops both print, video and digital Youth Services content which may include booklists, social media posts and displays for the purpose of promoting services and materials.
- Assists in maintenance of the juvenile and young adult collections by shelving, moving, and withdrawing items as assigned.
- Attends and participates in library conferences and seminars; reads professional literature; attends and participates in staff meeting discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.