If you have exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working in a collaborative and friendly environment, then consider joining our team!
The Community & Circulation Services Supervisor - Bookmobile is responsible for:
- Planning, delivering and evaluating bookmobile service in the Arlington Heights community
- Hiring, supervising and training bookmobile & outreach staff and volunteers
- Driving bookmobile and providing direct service to customers
- Monitoring and ensuring the physical appearance, safety and efficient mechanical operation of bookmobile vehicle
- Assisting in evaluation and maintenance of the bookmobile collection
Requirements & Skills
- Has, or is able to obtain, a class "B" commercial driver's license (CDL) to drive bookmobile and other library vehicles
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to represent the library to the community
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organization and planning skills, attention to detail
- Proven experience exercising fair & reasonable independent judgement
Education and Experience: High school diploma required. Preferred candidates will have at least three years of supervisory experience and exemplified leadership and communication abilities. Library experience is a plus.
Benefits: Health, dental & vision insurance, 2 weeks vacation plus personal leave, 13 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plan.