The Elmhurst Public Library is seeking a motivated and team minded individual to join our Building & Grounds team. The ideal candidate would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the facility, grounds, and equipment while ensuring a safe environment for Library patrons and staff, be able to take initiative and work independently. Collaborates with all EPL staff and assists in creating a safe and welcoming environment for all. See the full job description for more information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine and periodic facility, grounds, parking lot, custodial and maintenance activities. Seasonal grounds keeping including snow removal and other duties to maintain the safety and appearance of the facilities and grounds.
- Performs routine building repairs like plumbing, carpentry, painting, heating/ventilation and air conditioning and masonry.
- Responsible for routine cleaning and care for the Library. Routinely inspects and cleans meeting spaces, restrooms, common areas and grounds.
- Performs and documents assigned preventive maintenance and safety check inspections.
- Performs security checks of facilities and grounds.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate technology, including computers.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- May require sitting/standing/walking for prolonged periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Moving/lifting requirement of 5 to 75 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- General knowledge of common hand and power tools
- Previous experience with plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical repairs, heating/ventilation and air conditioning and masonry.
- One year of custodial experience.
- Two weeks' vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- Four personal business days per year
- Seven paid holidays per year
- Participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Optional participation in the health, life, dental, and vision insurance programs
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Work week consist of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 – 9:30 p.m. Flexibility to assist during inclement weather and cover for departmental absences.
Apply online at http://elmlib.org/jobs
Deadline to apply: Friday, December 10
• Include resume, cover letter, and three references. (Please upload as 1 file when asked to upload your resume.)