Do you enjoy working with children of all ages? Are you looking for the opportunity to shape the experiences of youth and families at the Library? Green Hills Public Library District is seeking a friendly, creative, and enthusiastic Associate to join our Youth Services Department.
This position assists patrons and performs a variety of tasks at our busy Youth Services Desk, which includes but is not limited to: informational assistance, readers advisory, processing and copy cataloging materials, marketing, and program registration. Adjacent to the desk is a bank of computers, where Associates are responsible for assisting patrons with various technology-related inquiries. In addition, Youth Services Associates may participate in programming and outreach efforts of the Department.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates proficiency with technology, provides excellent customer service, is detail-oriented, and can successfully work independently in a fast-paced environment
Review the job description to learn more about this position.
- Generous paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Continuing education opportunities
- Minimum two years of college or Library Technical Assistant Certificate.
- Minimum one year of experience in a public service environment working with youth; library experience preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic, Polish, or Spanish a plus.
Please submit resume along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment. No phone calls, please. Applications and resumes may be submitted in-person or emailed to HR@greenhillslibrary.org.