The Matteson Area Public Library District is seeking a knowledgeable librarian to lead our Public (Adult) Services Department on behalf of a community that adores its programming and the unique materials the library has to offer.
The Public Services Manager is a full-time exempt (37.5 hours) professional position responsible for the coordination and implementation of the library's Public Services, programs, online digital content and collection development for adult materials; social media and marketing. This position is responsible for the management of the Public Services Department (currently a six-person team). A sampling of essential functions and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provides friendly, courteous and accurate service to all users.
- Supervises the creation, implementation, and marketing of Public Services, resources, and programming and community outreach.
- Directly supervises all department staff, including yearly performance evaluations, and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the library's policies and applicable laws.
- Provides information service at the Service Desk as needed.
- Coordinates the collection development and budget allocation of all adult material and supervises the collection development activities of staff.
- Assists in developing library policies, goals and objectives in coordination with the Library Director and other library managers.
- Keeps updated on library trends, and other technological and social trends that may impact the library service.
- Writes and manages grants when the opportunity and funding are available.
- Meet and engage with our patrons both in the building and throughout the community.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Public Services Manager should also have:
- A Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
- At least 3 years of library experience, including working at a public service desk, preferable in a public library setting.
- At least 1 year of project management experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
This position requires working days, nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's license, and be able to demonstrate personal vehicle is insured in compliance with Illinois law.
Cover letters, resumes, and three professional references should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.