Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Answer directional, ready reference, and assignment-based or career-related research questions, as well as basic computing and software application questions, for patrons in the Library, on the telephone and via email reference service. Assist and instruct patrons (students, faculty, and community members) in the use of the Library website to search catalogs, indexes and databases, and the Web; in finding and retrieving information in the Library's print and electronic resources; and in locating library materials available in the College of DuPage Library and other libraries. Assist and instruct students in paper writing mechanics and style (MLA, APA, etc.) as well as document formatting and layout.
- Answer directional, ready reference, reference, and assignment-based research questions; as well as basic computing and software application questions, for patrons in the Library, on the telephone and via email reference service.
- Assist and instruct patrons (students, faculty, and community members) in using Library computers to search catalogs, indexes and databases, research guides, and the Web.
- Assist and instruct patrons in printing from Library databases and the Internet.
- Help students with assignments requiring the use of print and electronic sources.
- Assist and instruct patrons in selecting appropriate resources and tools, creating search strategies, and finding and retrieving information in the Library's print and electronic resources, including special collections such as the Philanthropy Center and the College and Career Information Center.
- Support career exploration instruction offered by faculty librarians and COD counselors and advisors.
- Assist and instruct patrons in searching for and interpreting periodical citations and printing articles from the electronic sources.
- Help patrons locate periodical titles in the Library and at area libraries, using online catalogs or help place an Interlibrary Loan request.
- Assist and instruct students, in research paper writing mechanics and style (MLA, APA, etc.) as well as document formatting and layout.
- Assist patrons in selecting and accessing appropriate software from the applications programs listed on the Library menu screen.
- Answer basic questions about the programs and refers patrons to software manuals for in-depth information.
- Assist in printing documents.
- Support the work of the Reference Librarians in collection development, in maintaining and updating the Reference, Ready Reference materials, and College and Career collections materials, and in keeping Library web pages and handouts accurate and current.
- Monitor and enforce Library Policies and Rules of Behavior.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Schedule 1: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4:00pm to 10:15pm and two Saturdays a month
- Schedule 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 5:00pm - 10:15pm and two Sundays a month
- Two (2) years of college.
- Must have Library Technical Assistant Certificate or equivalent Library Science coursework required.
- Library Technical Assistant Certificate preferred; Associates Degree preferred.
- One (1) year library work experience required.
- Public services experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required.
- Two (2) years' library work experience preferred
COD was named a Forbes Magazine Best Midsized Employer for 2021. Read more
College of DuPage provides an excellent workplace for its employees:
- Team-based organization in a collaborative environment.
- Widely diverse workforce of more than 3,000 employees.
- Flexible, creative work environment with vast employee growth and development.
- Competitive salaries with generous benefit options.
- Cutting-edge, high-tech environment
With exceptional collections, technology, study space and services, the COD Library is a vibrant and highly regarded resource for students and the community. Explore everything that the COD Library has to offer and imagine yourself as part of our motivated and student focused team.
Review and apply for this position here: https://cod.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/72?c=cod#.
Position number CP1N14833LRC
See more information about salary and benefits
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2134
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137