Sciences/Health Sciences Librarian
Library, Peoria, IL, US
12 days agoRequisition ID: 1108
APPLYTO SCIENCES/HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARIAN
Bradley University's Cullom-Davis Library seeks an engaging and innovative individual to provide high quality, learner-centered teaching, learning, and research support virtually and in-person through instruction sessions, consultations, and the creation of asynchronous learning resources for students, faculty, instructors, and staff. This tenure-track faculty position will serve as library liaison for selected academic departments including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Health Sciences, Nursing, and Physical Therapy.
- Plan, teach, and assess information literacy classes both in-person and online for undergraduates and graduate students in the natural and health sciences
- Develop online learning objects, research guides, and other web resources collaborating with other liaisons when appropriate.
- Provide research support such as scheduled consultations, on-demand research help, and classroom instruction both in person and online
- Participate in collection development for general collection materials and assigned liaison subject areas.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct scholarship, teaching and service as part of tenure-track responsibilities.
- Participates in staffing the Library's reference services, including online chat and general research consultations
- ALA accredited master's degree or equivalent.
- Understanding of current and emerging trends in information services, including instruction.
- Knowledge of electronic resources and information technologies.
- Familiarity with or capacity to learn about and support the interdisciplinary needs of scientists and health scientists.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and to establish and maintain strong relationships with a diverse community of faculty, students, and colleagues.
- Experience with library instruction/information literacy and information/reference service in an academic or research library setting.
- Educational background in the sciences and/or experience providing library services to support scientific learning and research.
- Knowledge of electronic resources and information technologies related to the assigned disciplinary areas.
- Experience with designing search strategies for reviews in health science fields
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest addressing the qualifications for the position, current vita, and complete contact information for a minimum of three professional references.
Please complete the online application process and upload all application materials at the time of applying
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Bradley University is a top-ranked, private university in Peoria, Illinois, offering nearly 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students opportunities, choices, and resources to build their futures. Innovation, action, and collaboration drive Bradley students to generate ideas and create solutions that remake the world around them. Our comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate academic programs includes business, communications, education, engineering, fine arts, health sciences, liberal arts and sciences, and technology.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.