Are you someone who devours YA books, likes to create or tinker, and can even chat about memes?
Join our team in a position where you can develop and present interactive programs, contribute to outreach in schools and the community, as well as assist teens in the Hub — the library's dynamic teen space. In the Hub, teens come to create, learn, hang out with their friends, laugh, make and Do-It-Themselves. The Hub also provides homework help and connects teens to the library materials and resources that can help empower them.
Candidates should be friendly, creative, resourceful and engaging advocates for teens and youth of all ages to help us serve our vibrant community. This position interacts with the public at both the Hub (teen space) and our Kids' World desk to connect our young customers and their caregivers to books, movies, music, games, programs and the wealth of information resources the library has to offer.
Requirements & Skills:
- Positive and welcoming communication skills in order to excel in Our Culture
- Proficient in using technology (e.g. computers, tablets, internet) to assist customers
- Familiarity with principles of classroom management and adolescent development concepts
- Strong written and verbal communications, including presentations
- A good working knowledge of books, movies and pop culture for kids and teens preferred
- Experience working with youth and multicultural audiences preferred
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience, in related field where applicable for targeted customer group, format or topic area. Experience in customer service and group instruction preferred.
Benefits include vacation/sick leave allowance, participation in IMRF pension plan and Roth/IRA savings plans available.
Arlington Heights Memorial library adheres to CDC guidelines to provide a safe environment for staff and customers including face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitizer stations and regular cleaning/disinfection.
Applications submitted by September 30 will be given priority for interviews.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us