Do you enjoy helping others, whether the public or your coworkers? We have the perfect job for you! Our Youth Services Assistants help provide support for our programs and services for youth, while also making certain that everything runs smoothly behind the scenes of our department. You'll help ensure materials are ready for easy access and assist with daily programs and events for youth customers.
- Clerical and administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective programs and services, such as: scheduling; coordinating work of volunteers; recording and tracking data; preparing school resource bags; ordering supplies; and plan, prepare, set up/clean up materials for passive programming and playgroups.
- Assist staff presenters during daily programs, which can include 50-60 participants for Storytimes and 40- 100 participants for playgroups. Assist in behavior management so that all children and caregivers can enjoy an optimal experience. Prepare room and materials.
- Maintain physical appearance of materials and public/work areas, such as picking up used items, returning to sorting areas, turning on and cleaning equipment, identifying items for repair, straightening furniture, etc.
- May provide back-up to staff at Kids' World and Hub desks.
Requirement & Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Interpersonal skills to work effectively with youth and caregivers. Familiarity with MS office.
- Positive and welcoming communication skills in order to excel in Our Culture
Education (or equivalent) and Experience
Some college coursework preferred. Prior experience in a customer service setting. Prefer candidates with experience working with children and caregivers.
Benefits include vacation/sick leave allowance, participation in IMRF pension plan and Roth/IRA savings plans available.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Arlington Heights Memorial library adheres to CDC guidelines to provide a safe environment for staff and customers including face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitizer stations and regular cleaning/disinfection.