Are you ready for an exciting management level position in an organization on an upward trajectory? We are seeking a Full Time Technology Manager who is a positive team member and has a flexible personality. A sense of humor is a must. Your initiative, efficiency, and interpersonal skills might be the perfect fit for this position with us!
Joliet Public Library is currently engaged in a $10.5M comprehensive renovation of our Ottawa Street facility which will be completed in summer 2022. Joliet, the third largest city in Illinois, is a southwest suburb of Chicago, with a culturally diverse population of 150,000. With two locations, one urban and one suburban, Joliet Public Library offers something for everyone. Come join our team and be part of our transformation process.
Salary is starting at $65,000 DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Plan and coordinate functionality and technology hosted in the library's computer centers.
● Directly supervise and evaluate IT Support Technicians.
Technology Infrastructure Coordination:
● Coordinate with IT managed support vendor to promote the stability, efficiency, and security of the library's network and wifi services.
● Coordinate printing/copying/faxing services.
● Coordinate all mobile, hardware and software purchases, upgrades and troubleshooting for staff and public use.
● Serve as a liaison to Pinnacle Library Consortium's Administration team in the implementation and support of our library's consortial software.
● Coordinate all AV purchases and AV training for Joliet Public Library public meeting spaces.
● Serve as liaison with all technology vendors.
● Lead all technology initiatives, projects, and planning.
● Maintain public phone interface/voicemail and emergency notification system. Technology Training Coordination:
● Develop and coordinate along with End User Technologies Associate and DMS staff a technology training plan for staff and the public.
● Provide direction and guidance for coordination of computer classes and training for library patrons.
● Work with Communications Department and website development contractor to assess, design, and maintain the functionality of the library website with an emphasis on providing seamless access to resources.
● Resolve problems within the scope of the Technology Department, as well as within the larger organization when appropriate.
● Contribute to improving library services by making positive contributions at Leadership Team meetings.
● Participate in the development of Library policy; develop procedures and policies for the Technology Department.
● Prepare annual budget for the Technology Department and participate in library wide budget preparation.
● Master's or Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
● At least two years' experience working with information technology systems, preferably in a public library setting.
● Supervisory experience preferred.
● Ability to communicate effectively.
● Ability to understand complex technology systems in order to maximize performance and diagnose and solve problems.
● Ability to objectively evaluate staff performance.
● Good verbal, written, and training skills.
● Ability to relate to library patrons of all ages in a positive, patient, and effective manner.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with coworkers.
● Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
● Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
● Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
● Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties
We offer excellent benefits -- 12 sick days per year, 5 weeks of vacation, and 10 holidays per year. IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) is included as well as medical, dental and vision insurance.