Are you a "numbers" person? Gail Borden Public Library is looking for a part-time Finance Assistant to work onsite in the Finance Department at the Main Library location. The individual must be reliable, accurate, detail-oriented and be able to adapt to change quickly and positively.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cash handling and account reconciliation
- Preparing bank deposits including transport to the local bank
- Assist with monthly board remittances and mailings
- Financial data entry
- Spreadsheet preparation
- Setting up vendor accounts
- Ordering and maintaining office supply inventory
Intermediate knowledge of Excel is required. Candidate must have good interpersonal skills to interact with all levels within the organization, as well as with vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in accounting and/or business including cash reconciliation and purchasing functions
- Must be proficient with internet use, Microsoft Word & Excel, adding machine use, and accurate data entry
- Detail-minded with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must be a team-player with the ability to adapt to change to routines and workflows
- Valid driver's license and good driving record (driving record history will be requested upon hire)