Arlington Heights Memorial Library is seeking a customer service oriented individual to provide security services primarily at our new Makerplace branch opening this fall. This role will also assist with security services at the main library building.
- Provide security & safety services for customers and staff
- Vacate, close and secure the building
- Monitor library activity and maintain an appropriate environment
- Patrol interior and exterior grounds and parking lot to maintain security of building and property
- Responds to situations and incidents as they occur, including notifying outside agencies to respond when necessary
Requirements & Skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- 1 to 3 year's experience in relevant customer service environment
- Previous security experience and current PERC certification preferred. If not PERC certified, must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- General knowledge of standard safety practices
- Ability to fairly and consistently apply library's Code of Conduct
This position involves dealing effectively with individuals, groups and outside agencies, sometimes in difficult situations. To work most effectively with the public and staff across the library, the preferred candidate will have excellent communication skills and the demonstrated ability to excel in Our Culture.
Education: High school degree or equivalency required. Relevant college coursework or training preferred.
Benefits: Benefits include two weeks of vacation plus sick and personal leave, as well as participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of Roth/457 savings plan.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us
Arlington Heights Memorial library adheres to CDC guidelines to provide a safe environment for staff and customers including face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitizer stations and regular cleaning/disinfection.