Arlington Heights Memorial Library is seeking a motivated and independent Maintenance Assistant to join our Facilities team. This role will be responsible for routine maintenance and janitorial services at the library and our new Makerplace branch.
- Cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, carpet cleaning, pressure washing, etc.
- Regularly check rest rooms and maintain cleanliness
- Performing light and routine maintenance work including light bulbs, ballast replacement, room set-ups, and minor repairs
- Use snowplow/blower as directed
- Providing manual labor in other maintenance, remodeling or construction projects as directed
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and excel in Our Culture.
- Valid drivers license with clear driving history is a plus
High school diploma/GED and related work experience is preferred.
Benefits include two weeks of vacation plus sick and personal leave, as well as participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of Roth/457 savings plan.
Arlington Heights Memorial library adheres to CDC guidelines to provide a safe environment for staff and customers including face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitizer stations and regular cleaning/disinfection.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us