Job duties include:
- Assists patrons at the service desks. Duties include, but are not limited to, circulating library materials, issuance of library cards, answering telephones, and collecting fines and fees.
- Provides direct assistance to patrons with information regarding library materials, computer catalogs, electronic resources, the Internet, equipment, and services.
- Receives and physically processes requests from patrons for library materials available from this library's automation system and OCLC.
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Processes and performs item entry of magazines and newspapers.
- Assists Department Head with outreach activities and represents the library at community events.
- Processes donated materials for inclusion in the collection, outreach giveaways, or book fundraisers.
- May create and maintain book displays.
- May serve as Passport Acceptance Agent.
- May shelve library materials in correct locations and maintain shelving areas so patrons and staff can locate materials.
- Cooperates as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
- High school diploma required.
- Competency in MS Office products required.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing, required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Fluent Spanish language skills preferred
Please ask for an application at the Service Desk. Applications are also available on our website at: https://www.vppl.info/library-info/library-job-openings/
Inquiries may be directed to Kandice Krettler, Deputy Director & Head of Circulation/Outreach Services,
(630) 834-1164 ext. 107, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.