Do you love to interact with people? Do you value customer service as much as we do? Do you take pleasure with making people feel welcome?
If these are important in your choice of work, then our library is looking for you! The Orland Park Public Library, named one of Illinois' 200 Great Places is currently accepting applications for a part-time clerk in the Patron Services Department.
- Perform circulation and welcome desk functions
- Learn online catalog system
- Provide patrons with basic information about library services
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work effectively with staff and public
- Possess basic computer skills
- Read, write, and communicate verbally in English
- Learn the library's automation system
- Follow tasks to completion
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of work experience in a public contact position
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
Position is 12-18 hours per week including daytime, evening and weekend hours . Library hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Starting salary is $16.19 per hour. Not only is our working environment friendly, we value our part-time employees and offer vacation, sick and holiday pay! Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
Applications are available at the Welcome Kiosk in the library and on the website at www.orlandparklibrary.org/about.htm under About US/Work Here. Completed applications must be received by Wednesday, July 6th 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Patron Services Clerk on the application or subject line of email submissions.
Orland Park Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.