ANNOUNCEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL OPENING
POSITION: Library Technical Services Coordinator, full-time, twelve month, tenure-track faculty appointment in a collective bargaining unit. Position reports to the Associate Dean of Libraries.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision benefits, 24 days vacation and participation in the Illinois State Universities Retirement System.
● Participates in the management of library systems related to technical services.
● Performs complex original and adaptive cataloging of all formats.
● Assists in the development and oversight of unit processes for authority control, database maintenance, and other catalog enhancements.
● Participates as part of the collective Technical Services Team in the ongoing assessment of policies and procedures across all technical services units.
● Supervises and trains 4.0 FTE technical services staff.
● Responsible for coordinating the other Technical Services positions in the library.
● Responsible for producing all the collection statistics related to addition/withdrawal of physical volumes required for IPEDS, ACRL statistics, and special requests from university administration.
● Oversee/coordinate all library system data management and cleanup affecting the library catalog and requires a high level of technical knowledge unique to the system used. This involves following not only national standards, but also standards set forth by the consortium to which NEIU belongs (CARLI/I-Share).
● Subject liaison responsibilities as assigned.
● ALA accredited MLS degree and a second master's degree.
● Evidence of 5+ years progressively responsible experience in technical services, including acquisitions, cataloging, serials and e-resource management.
● Recent supervisory experience managing one or more technical service units.
● Demonstrated knowledge of current standards, best practices and emerging trends in technical services.
● Professional cataloging experience with original, adaptive, and copy cataloging of multiple formats.
● Knowledge of acquisitions functions and vendors.
● Relevant experience with integrated library systems and library automation.
● A high level of computer competency and a demonstrated history of technical services policy development and training.
● Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to effectively build consensus and facilitate change.
● Experience with cataloging, acquisitions, and e-resources functions in the Ex Libris Alma system.
● Management experience coordinating a broadly defined technical services unit.
● Academic library experience and related experience working within a consortium.
● Reading knowledge of a foreign language.
● Subject knowledge in music and/or the performing arts.
● Music cataloging experience.
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY: Northeastern Illinois University is a public, comprehensive, multicultural university located on the north side of Chicago. It has an enrollment of approximately 7,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Library maintains a collection of over 700,000 volumes and subscriptions to nearly 120 online databases. More information is available at www.neiu.edu/neiu-libraries.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references via email to LibSearch@neiu.edu. Review will continue until the position is filled.
Northeastern Illinois University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer:
Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references via email to LibSearch@neiu.edu. Review will continue until the position is filled.