The Palos Heights Public Library is seeking a creative, organized, and energetic team player to join the Youth and Teen Services Department. Can you boogie with toddlers? Game with teens? This position requires an innovative and motivated individual to create and implement programs for children ages birth to 12th grade. The ideal candidate enjoys providing engaging programs, keeps up with current trends, and is dedicated to customer service. Responsibilities include collection development, readers' advisory, technology assistance, community outreach, and creation of library displays.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- A relentlessly outgoing, positive attitude.
- Eager to be a part of a team with a shared vision and mission.
- Experience serving youth and families in a public library setting.
- A strong drive to understand and serve the community.
- MLS preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lb.
- Proven success working with children of all ages.
- Excellent technological aptitude.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.