Arlington Heights Memorial Library is seeking a motivated and independent Maintenance Assistant to join our Facilities team. This role will be responsible for routine maintenance and janitorial services at the library and our new Makerplace branch.
- Cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, carpet cleaning, pressure washing, etc.
- Regularly check rest rooms and maintain cleanliness
- Performing light and routine maintenance work including light bulbs, ballast replacement, room set-ups, and minor repairs
- Use snowplow/blower as directed
- Providing manual labor in other maintenance, remodeling or construction projects as directed
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and excel in Our Culture.
- Valid drivers license with clear driving history is a plus
Education: High school diploma/GED and related work experience is preferred.
Benefits: Benefits include two weeks of vacation plus sick and personal leave, as well as participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of Roth/457 savings plan.
Arlington Heights Memorial library adheres to CDC guidelines to provide a safe environment for staff and customers including face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitizer stations and regular cleaning/disinfection.