College of DuPage seeks full-time, two-semester temporary, library faculty member starting in August 2021.
This position has responsibilities for reference service, collection development, and library and information literacy instruction. They will serve as a subject liaison to Speech Communication and Adult Basic Education/English Language Acquisition. Librarians serve on committees, engage with the College community, and collaborate on special projects in support of department goals.
Faculty duties include classroom instruction, assessment, curriculum development, advising students, professional inquiry, committee work and engaging with instructional technology.
Teaching assignments may include various delivery modes, such as face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and/or blended formats during days, evenings and weekends.
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution required.
- Experience in library instruction, reference, and collection development required.
- Academic library experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, project management and organizational skills.
College of DuPage was named a Forbes Magazine Best Midsized Employer for 2021. Read more
COD provides an excellent workplace for its employees:
- Team-based organization in a collaborative environment.
- Widely diverse workforce of more than 3,000 employees.
- Flexible, creative work environment with vast employee growth and development.
- Competitive salaries with generous benefit options.
- Cutting-edge, high-tech environment
With exceptional collections, technology, study space and services, the COD Library is a vibrant and highly regarded resource for students and the community. Explore everything that the COD Library has to offer and imagine yourself as part of our motivated and student focused team.
Review and apply for this position through the COD Job Board.
Review of applications will begin immediately, don't wait to submit.
- Your electronic application will include:
- unofficial transcripts
- current curriculum vita
- a cover letter (including a list of three references)
- a Teaching Statement
- The Teaching Statement must include the candidate's anticipated contributions to College of DuPage related to academic quality and student success and meet a 2-page limit.
- A teaching demonstration will be required at interview.
- This position requires a pre-employment background and drug screen.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
See more information about salary and benefits.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2134
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137