Innovative Interfaces – Who we are…
Innovation is in our name and our future: We enable libraries to thrive by investing in people, services, partnerships, and technologies to create remarkable library experiences. Come help us redefine the future of Libraries. With a history of leadership and innovation in library management, automation and discovery over the last 40 years, Innovative Interfaces is once again transforming itself. At Innovative Interfaces we are on a mission to improve the experience for librarians and patrons in the communities they serve, both in academia and the public space.
Marketing Communications Manager
What will I be doing?
As a member of the Marketing team at Innovative, the Marketing Communications Manager position strategizes, creates and advises on content essential to effective marketing and branding initiatives, helping to drive thought leadership, sales enablement, customer retention and market awareness around the Innovative story.
In this position, you will also…
• Work closely with Product Marketing Manager to translate product value proposition into talking points and messages that address customer pain points for use in industry events, sales enablement, and campaign strategy.
• Contribute to the development of concepts and strategies that support campaigns, drive marketing goals, and communicate the Innovative brand to targeted prospects.
• Lead the content creation process and provides copywriting, editing and proofreading for brochures, direct mail, newsletters, ads, sales tools, white papers, press releases, case studies, webinars, social media as well as other marketing communications materials. Coordinates with other departments (Sales, Product, Product Marketing, Creative Services) for successful implementation.
• Provide support for Innovative's relationship with the customer user group through event marketing, conference planning, and program coordination
• Provide oversight of content and publishing calendar
• Seek out customer stories and newsworthy events to promote Innovative brand in global market
• Serve as the Marketing liaison to global sales organization and meets with sales teams regularly to keep them informed and trained on sales tools and receive valuable insight to inform new areas for support.
• Provide support to members of the Innovative Management Team, particularly with speech-writing and presentation creation.
• Set copy style guidelines for external communications.
You might be a fit if….
1. You enjoy working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
2. You love writing and communicating with customers across the globe.
3. You're a strategic thinker and goal-oriented.
You may not be a fit if…..
1) You do not like working with a small close-knit team.
2) If the library industry does not excite you.
3) You want to stay in your comfort zone and do not embrace change.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English, business or other related field plus a minimum of 3 years' experience in global brand B2B marketing and communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Passion for and experience in B2B marketing with demonstrated strategic and creative thinking, and experience successfully working with and supporting a global sales team.
• Proven track record developing effective communications activities, collateral, and programs encompassing advertising, webinars, tradeshow and events, public relations and social media programs, lead generation programs and promotions.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with outstanding editing skills for print and electronic media.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms (i.e.: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), current trends and business realities as they relate to corporate communications.
• Ability to apply an innovative, curious and timely approach to work that offers fresh ideas and new ways of thinking.
• Is adept at managing numerous projects and meeting aggressive deadlines in a dynamic, multi-location environment while maintaining a team-oriented approach to business.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Word and PowerPoint required. Experience with CRM and CMS is a plus. The capacity to learn and master new marketing technologies is essential.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO Have…
• Global marketing experience.
• Experience in library automation, education, information technology or related fields is plus.
• Experience with web-based project management tools and collaboration technologies.
• Desktop publishing, graphic design and or HTML skills
More to love about becoming an Innovative employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on providing ongoing training
• We offer a competitive benefits package
• We work together to contribute to our local communities through organized volunteering, donations to local libraries, and much more.
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
Other important information about this position:
• This position will be located out of one of our ProQuest/ Innovative offices. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Des Plaines, IL, Syracuse, NY
• 5-10% travel may be required
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Innovative seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible
At Innovative, we put people first. If you have a passion for Marketing Communications, please consider joining the team!
Innovative Interfaces (a ProQuest company) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected status and takes affirmative action to recruit, employ, train, and promote qualified minorities, women, covered veterans