An employee is this classification performs work of routine difficulty by assisting students, employees, faculty and community borrowers in the campus Library. Work is defined by maintaining the Library's resources and patron records in computer system. General supervision is received by the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable skills in customer service.
- Working skill in organizing work to meet established deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Working skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied to a variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Working skills in verbal and written communication.
- Working skill in operating a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting to new and updated programs and technology.
- Some skills in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and Publisher
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when required by the department's needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some knowledge of library and educational computer systems (Innovative Millennium, Colleague).
- Some knowledge of library organization, materials, systems, procedures and policies.
- Circulate library materials using database (check materials in and out, place holds and renewals on items, etc.).
- Determine patrons' needs; check on the availability of materials; assist patrons in locating library materials and refer patrons to reference librarian as needed.
- Create, update and maintain patron records in database.
- Accept fines and maintain fine records in accordance with Library policies and procedures.
- Work with patron records and student accounts concerning Library restrictions. Use online computer system to create or remove restrictions on patron records.
- Reshelve items as needed.
- Assist in preparing material for the Library collection, including ownership stamping and inserting security tags. Write and verify order cards.
- Perform other Library functions as necessary, e.g., clean DVD's/CD's, open the Learning Resource Center when the schedule requires, etc.
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or certifications
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy laws
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations within the workplace.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an increased volume of work.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality