The South Holland Public Library is seeking a dynamic, tech-savvy, Library Assistant to work in a team environment. Flexibility, creativity, collaboration, cooperation, and excellent customer service skills are essential. Responsibilities include working at the Youth Services circulation desk, providing reference and reader's advisory, promoting services and programs designed specifically for youth and parents, assisting at programs, and troubleshooting library equipment.
- Provides reference, reader's advisory, and circulation service to youth and their parents.
- Prepares and presents programs for toddlers through 12th grade in conjunction with other Youth Services staff.
- Assists with the development, selection, and weeding of selected materials in the Youth Services collections.
- Assists patrons in the use of electronic and computer equipment.
- Assists in the preparation of bibliographies.
- Assists in maintaining an appropriate atmosphere in the library.
- Knowledge of children's literature.
- Knowledge of basic reference tools and resources.
- Working knowledge of computer and internet applications.
- Able to work independently and carry out written and oral instruction.
- Able to use computer, electronic and A-V equipment.
- Type 40 words per minute
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, lift, and carry books, boxes and equipment as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, some college required.
- Access to transportation for performing job responsibilities is required.
- Previous library experience and/or course work preferred.
Applications must include your resume, cover letter and three references to be considered. Submit completed applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Bryan Nunnally, Head of Youth Services