The South Holland Public Library is seeking a friendly enthusiastic, hard-working individual with great customer service skills to work in our fast-paced team environment.
This position is part-time with an average work week of 18 hours. This includes days, evenings and Saturdays.
- Staffs the Circulation Desk 75-100% of the scheduled work time while providing outstanding customer service to our users.
- Checks materials in and out, issues library cards, collects fines, renews, retrieves and shelves materials.
- Performs all automated circulation functions accurately and efficiently.
- Handles routine issues and answers a variety of questions.
- Ability to learn computerized circulations functions and procedures.
- Ability to work courteously with the public and exercise discretion.
- Possess basic mouse and keyboard skills.
- Ability to answer the phone.
- Ability to operate a cash register and make change.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time, reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 20 pounds and access library areas and materials.
- Flexible and reliable schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service skills required.
- Library experience preferred.
- Spanish language skills a bonus
- Must have access to transportation.
Applications must include your resume, cover letter and three references to be considered. Submit completed applications electronically to email@example.com.