Performs daily technical and/or clerical library functions to meet the information needs of library users. Has full responsibility for obtaining needed materials not owned by the library at user's request. Provides initial assistance and direction to library users and refers to Director or other possible sources as appropriate. Primarily works at the circulation desk to oversee library functions and assists Library Student Workers in the Director's absence.
Schedule: Part-Time: Evenings, and Weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists students, faculty and staff in finding information in the Resource Center.
- Responds to telephone, in-person, or electronic requests for information as appropriate.
- Assists users with library equipment use: computers, printers, scanners, and photocopiers.
- Refers questions/users to Director when appropriate.
- Processes and delivers requests in a timely manner.
- Co-manage reserves, renewals and overdue notices with team members; submits and tracks claims for items not returned at the end of every term.
- Performs circulation functions: checking out materials, placing holds, shelving, and understanding specific collection policies within the library.
- Maintains catalog accuracy and NLM classification order of all library materials under Director's supervision.
- May perform cataloging functions: labeling, typing, etc. tasks in processing of new materials.
- Monitors available office supplies and assists with collection development orders.
- Contribute to collection development projects.
- Provide instruction in librarians' absence and create instructional tutorials for virtual education.
- May staff Chicago campus on occasion (1431 N. Claremont Ave.)
- Other duties may be assigned.