*Are you a current MLIS student? Now accepting applications for current students enrolled in MLIS program with expected completion date of May 2022.*
Do you thrive in a team environment, but also enjoy completing tasks on your own? Are you a person who loves to interact with people? Then our library is looking for you! The Orland Park Public Library, named one of Illinois' 200 Great Places, is currently accepting applications for an innovative and service-oriented part-time Adult Services Reference Librarian.
The requirements and qualifications listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person in this position and does not state or imply that these are the only requirements and qualifications assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties or tasks as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Provides reference and readers' advisory services
- Participates in collection development as part of the Adult Services team
- Develops and conducts book discussions and other book-related programming
- Provides study room services
- Prepares displays, bibliographies, social media content, and more
- Knowledge of reference and readers' advisory service
- Extensive knowledge of bibliographic tools and reference resources in print and electronic formats
- Excellent research skills, with proficiency in searching online catalogs
- Knowledge of adult literature, including trends in popular fiction, nonfiction, and other media
- Experience in current technology including digital reading platforms, library automation software, and Microsoft Office
- Master's Degree in Library Science
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Access to transportation
Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
Applications are available at the Welcome Kiosk in the library and on the website at orlandparklibrary.org under About Us/Employment. Completed applications along with cover letter, resume, and 3 references must be received by Monday, November 1 at 5 p.m. and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate Adult Services Reference Librarian I on application and subject line of email submissions.
Orland Park Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.