Do you enjoy serving the community through meaningful and caring interactions with residents who may be unable to come to the library? Are you someone who enjoys working with the public and has a passion for creating memorable library experiences in and out of the building? We're seeking a proactive, dynamic, collaborative team player to join our Public Services team to champion library services and provide support to patrons at all ages and stages of life. Successful candidates will be outgoing self-starters who enjoy delivering service at the level of WOW!
Primary duties include:
- Develop effective partnerships and provide support to community organizations.
- Promote library programs and resources with residents at point of need throughout the community, including schools, park district, assisted care and senior living facilities, and more.
- Schedule and deliver library materials to outreach facilities and residents unable to visit the library.
- Assist customers at busy public service points within the library with reference, reader's advisory and electronic resources.
- Master's Degree: MLS
- 1 year library experience, required
- 2 years of related public library experience working with the public, preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We offer a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, Illinois Municipal Retirement Plan participation and employee assistance.