The Taylorville Public Library (TPL) is looking for a Director with strong leadership skills and a vision aimed at effectively promoting the resources, services, and programming options that the library provides to the community.
The TPL is a city library located in Taylorville, IL, that serves more than 11,000 city residents, as well as members of surrounding communities.
The mission of the TPL is to provide a collection of materials, programs and services designed to meet the cultural, informational, and recreational needs of the community. The Director will support the TPL mission by:
- Managing and leading the TPL staff
- Preparing and implementing an annual budget and plan of service
- Preparing grant applications and completing all required reporting to local and state agencies
- Reporting to the TPL Board of Trustees
- Developing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other governmental agencies, public agencies, and service organizations
- Maintaining and updating Board of Trustee approved policies
- Ensuring effective and efficient building operations
- Working closely with city officials on tax levies, finance and payroll
The duties listed above are not a comprehensive list of the Director's responsibilities.
Qualifications: A Master's Degree in Library Science (MLIS / MS LIS), three years of library experience in increasingly responsible positions, including at least one year at the management level is preferred, but is not required.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time position with an annual salary starting at $42,000+, depending on qualifications. The TPL benefits package includes health, vision and dental insurance, as well as participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), and paid time off (sick and vacation). Vacation time becomes available after the first year of employment. A monthly personal device (phone) stipend is also provided.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a TPL Application to Cathy Robertson (TPL Board Secretary and Personnel Committee member) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail:
Attention: Cathy Robertson
Taylorville Public Library
121 W. Vine St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Applications can be found on the homepage of the library's website: taylorvillelibrary.org, or in-person at the library.
Complete applications must be received by April 30, 2021 to receive consideration.
Start date: As soon as possible